Recent Nationally Published Books by Dr. Howie Knoff
Below are brief descriptions of recent nationally-published books authored by Dr. Howie Knoff. They range from books on:
- School and classroom discipline;
- Instructional and intervention approaches when students do not respond successfully to effective classroom instruction (academics) or classroom management (behavior)-- also known as Response-to-Instruction and Intervention; and
- Ways to look at and change yourself such that you become more effective, happy, and successful both on a professional and a personal level.
A Corwin Press Best-Seller (2012)
How do you help students who “act out” or “shut down” due to academic frustration or whose social and emotional issues keep them from achieving success in school? Based on Project ACHIEVE, a nationally recognized model of school effectiveness and continuous improvement program, this book shows you how. Educators will find a pragmatic, easy-to-follow blueprint for Positive Behavior Support Systems (PBSS) implementation that integrates academics, instruction, and achievement with discipline, behavior management, and student self-management.
Award-winning author Dr. Howard M. Knoff provides guidance on:
- Implementing a schoolwide discipline and safe schools program
- Teaching students interpersonal, social problem solving, conflict prevention and resolution, and emotional coping skills
- Guiding professional development, staff and student buy-in, and evaluation
- Strengthening parent and community outreach and involvement
Newly Updated and Revised (December, 2014)
Response to instruction and intervention (RTI2) involves evaluating the degree to which students (a) master academic material in response to effective instruction, and (b) demonstrate appropriate, prosocial behavior in response to effective classroom management. When students are not progressing or "responding" to effective instructional conditions, academically or behaviorally, RTI2 uses a data-based, functional assessment, problem-solving process to determine the reason(s) for the lack of success and select strategic instruction/ interventions to help those students progress and be successful.
The newly updated and revised handbook presents an integrated evidence-based blueprint that guides effective classroom instruction and behavior management. The blueprint includes academic and behavioral service and support "cascades" to ensure that at-risk, underachieving, or unsuccessful students receive the services needed.
A Book to Guide Your Life and Interactions
Everyone has Inner Strength. For some, it is evident in their leadership style. For others, it shows in the unstoppable way they push on to reach their goals. In many, you see it as a quiet self-confidence that helps them triumph over the tough times in their lives.
However, many are perplexed about what "Inner Strength" really is and specifically how to find and use it. Take a journey with Stephen Covey, Ken Blanchard, Howie Knoff, Brian Tracy, and 20 of their colleagues as they share different ways to: Discover Your Inner Strength. This book is a tool where different experts from different professional areas share their experiences and expertise and help you to look at yourself in ways that you never imagined.