Virtual/On-Line Professional Development/Zoom Presentations and Keynotes
Howie has presented well over 4,000 invited keynotes, workshops, in-services, and presentations-- nationally and internationally-- during his 40+ year career. He now periodically offers national and international professional development workshops on his virtual Zoom platform. Presenting to audiences from 50 to over 2,500, his presentations focus on such topics as strategic planning, SEL and school discipline, multi-tiered services, functional assessment and root cause analysis, and social, emotional, and behavioral interventions for challenging students. His presentations are relevant, incisive, up-beat, engaging, and entertaining. With the ability to provide important research-based information in a clear, concise, and understandable way, Howie is always "in demand" at international, national, state, and local (virtual) levels.
On-Line Professional Development Library:
Immediately Available On-Line PD Presentations
[All Courses are Purchased "In Perpetuity"/While Non-Transferable, They can be Viewed Concurrently by Groups. Courses come with Handouts/Certificates of Attendance. See Descriptions and Pricing Below.]
PD Workshop 1 (Full-Day): Establishing Effective Stress- and Trauma-Sensitive SEL School Practices: Multi-Tiered Prevention, Intervention, and Emotional Supports
PD Workshop 2 (Full-Day): Teaching Students Social, Emotional, and Behavioral Skills to Improve Their Engagement, Learning, Interpersonal Skills, and Self-Control
Library of Webinar Presentations
Howie is continually invited to provide national and international webinars in his areas of expertise. Whenever possible, he places the webinar recordings, and their related handouts and materials, into a Webinar Library that is available on an annual subscription basis. Subscribers get unlimited access to all of the webinars in the password-protected library—which is continually updated or expanded. While access and passwords are non-transferable (due to Federal Copyright law), webinars can be projected directly from the Library for group viewing.
Below are the current holdings in the Library, and a link for additional descriptions and subscription purchase.
Current Webinar Catalog
BRAND NEW !!!!
TraumaStress-Sensitive Schools: Addressing Students' Multi-Tiered Emotional Self-Regulation Needs [Expanded Webinar for the National Association of School Psychologists; July 8, 2020]
- Teaching Students Social, Emotional, and Behavioral Self-Control and Self-Management Skills: Applying This Instruction to Students with Challenging Behavior [Insights to Behavior; June 17, 2020]
- Ten Multi-Tiered Practices that Explain Why Students Ain't Learning [Step X Step "Straight Talk" International Conference; May 28, 2020]
- Solving the Disproportionality Dilemma through an Effective School Discipline, Classroom Management, and Student Self-Management System [Insights to Behavior; April 15, 2020]
Other Recent Presentations in the Webinar Library
- An ESEA Guide to Strategic Planning, Shared Leadership, and Student Success [Creative Leadership Solutions]
- Planning Your Multi-Tiered (MTSS) Services for Next Year by Analyzing Your Current Students' Needs Today [Creative Leadership Solutions]
- Building Academic and Social, Emotional, and Behavioral Progress for All Students [PresenceLearning]
- SEL: Critical Steps to Implementing a Comprehensive School-Wide Evidence-Based Program [Illuminate Education; with Dr. Chris Balow]
- Conducting Quarterly Student Achievement Review (Q-STAR) Meetings: An Early Identification & ESSA Progress Monitoring Approach [Illuminate Education; with Dr. Chris Balow]
On-Line PD Courses: The “Seven Sure Solutions” Series
Over the past 40 years, Dr. Howie has delivered thousands of keynotes, presentations, seminars, master classes, workshops, and course across the country and internationally. Given these and his on-site consultation experiences, he has developed a series of on-line courses that are informative, current, practical, and that produce field-tested results. These courses are organized in The Seven Sure Solutions Series because each course discusses seven science-to-practice components that are needed to accomplish its field-based outcomes.
His current (or soon to be available) courses include:
- Course A. The Seven Sure Solutions for Improving Student Outcomes through School Improvement, Strategic Planning, and Systemic Change
- Course B. The Seven Sure Solutions for School Discipline, Classroom Management, and Student Self-Management (Integrating Social-Emotional Learning and Positive Behavioral Support Systems, while Addressing Inequity and Disproportionality)
- Course C. The Seven Sure Solutions for Teaching Social, Emotional, and Behavioral Skills to Students: Improving Academic Engagement and Self-Management from Preschool to High School
- Course D. The Seven High-Hit Reasons for Students’ Challenging Behavior: A 21st Century Process Linking Functional Assessment to Effective Intervention
- Course E. The Seven High-Hit Tier 2 Interventions Addressing Students' Social, Emotional, and Behavioral Challenges in the Classroom